On Wed, Nov 04, 2015 at 09:35:26AM -0600, Andrew F. Davis wrote: > Something I just noticed, when I remove this table, module loading stops > working, even with 'MODULE_ALIAS("platform:tps65912-regulator");'. It > looks like when DT is enabled platform_uevent (drivers/base/platform.c:787) > only sends out the OF MODALIAS event then returns, not sending out the > platform event, is this desired behavior? If so then I will need this > table even though I still create the device and match it on platform > name as you suggested. That sounds like a bug to me, it'll have broken a bunch of existing devices.