On Wed, Nov 04, 2015 at 06:33:22PM +0000, Charles Keepax wrote: > You should probably make a seperate driver within GPIO for this > and then tie the two together, using an MFD. I appreciate that is > more work but it is likely a nicer solution overall. GPIO chips are small and simple enough that we've not worried about it historically. However my question here is why this is wm9713 specific - the GPIO functionality is part of the AC'97 spec and present on many AC'97 chips so it seems sensible to have something at the AC'97 level. Unfortunately a quick check seems not to show anything indicating this in the AC'97 capability information so we might want to make it opt in.