On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 11:52:12AM -0600, Andrew F. Davis wrote: > Anyway, All I'm trying to do here is keep things clean in the DT. We only have > one consistent option: No, not really. > Match all sub parts by compatible: > Or we end up with some hybrid approach, matching some on node name, others > on compatible when needed. Yes, the above matches Linux device model (still > not sure why that is such a problem?), but it also matches modular functionality > in the device. There's also the third option where we don't have any compatible strings in the subnodes at all.