On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 05:53:05PM +0200, Daniel Baluta wrote: > Sending this as an RFC because I don't know if style fixes are appropriate > for this driver and also not sure if deadlock fix is the best solution. > > I2C people should only look at patches 8/9 and 9/9. > > The mpu6050 accel+gyro combo has an auxiliary I2C bus, allowing for > an auxiliary sensor to be connected (eg. a magnetometer). > > The mpu can either act as an I2C master (functionality not currently > implemented in the driver) or it can use a bypass multiplexer which > directly connects the auxiliary I2C bus pins to the main I2C bus pins [1] > Currently the driver implements the bypass mode via an I2C mux. > > This patchset fixes a deadlock in inv-mpu6050 IMU which happens when > magnetometer (on auxiliary I2C bus) runs in parallel with accel or gyro. > > First 7 patches do some cleanup in order to make INV MPU6050 code easier > to read. > > Patch number 8 allows passing NULL select callbacks to i2c_mux_master_xfer > and i2c_mux_smbus_xfer. > > Patch number 9 actually fixes the deadlock. We recently had a bigger patch series fixing locking problems related to muxes. I sadly didn't have the time to review it. Can you have a look if it helps your case? http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.i2c/26169 Thanks, Wolfram