From: Benjamin LaHaise <bcrl@kvack.org>
To: Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@gmail.com>
Cc: linux-next <linux-next@vger.kernel.org>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>,
	Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>,
	linux-aio@kvack.org
Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Feb 24
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 09:37:19 -0500	[thread overview]

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 07:32:17AM +0100, Sedat Dilek wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 6:34 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Changes since 20160223:

> > The aio tree still had a build failure so I used the version from
> > next-20160111.
> >

> Might be good to poke the maintainer as I am seeing this for a long
> time in Linux-next.

These are architecture code related build failures that arch maintainers
need to fix.  Avoiding pulling the tree allows people to ignore the issue,
which isn't going to get things fixed.  I provided an example how to
implement the 64 bit __get_user() without generating warnings, and it is
now up to maintainers to adapt it for their architecture.

		-ben

--
"Thought is the essence of where you are now."