On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 10:12:56PM +0200, Peter Rosin wrote: > On 2016-05-11 17:09, Mark Brown wrote: > > On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 05:06:37PM +0200, Peter Rosin wrote: > >> This driver does not support sidetone since the DVST register field is > >> backwards with the mute near the maximum level instead of the minimum. > > Why would that be an issue? We support volume controls in either > > direction. > I asked about this last week (or so), maybe that question explains the > situation? > http://www.spinics.net/lists/alsa-devel/msg49675.html If you don't CC maintainers the chances are your mails just won't get seen... You should change DAPM so that it understands what your control is doing, possibly by using custom accessors though it seems like something in the vein of the invert flag ought to do the trick. You don't want to actually use the invert flag since increasing values do mean increasing volume but something along those lines. Possibly doing it by parsing the TLV for a mute value at probe time might make sense?