On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 10:36:21AM -0700, Stefan Agner wrote: > On 2016-05-27 05:20, Mark Brown wrote: > > That's another way of addressing it of course, but unless the register > > map actually is sparse it's probably still sensible to send the > > conversion to flat cache as a fix. > The regcache is used for suspend, but the suspend implementation in its > current form is not in not working. Hence I felt it is not worth fixing > part of something which is broken as a whole anyway. > So far I was under the impression the "only" issue using REGCACHE_RBTREE > is that it triggers a warning when enabling lockdep. The warning is warning about a real issue that might crop up - it's not just cosmetic, it's doing allocations inside a spinlock which could break badly. Even if it doesn't help this issue I'd recommend getting a fix in if you can to avoid it blowing up on people (unless the more complete set of changes can go in as a bugfix of course in which case it's moot).