On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 07:55:10PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote: > On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 11:14:20AM -0700, Nicolin Chen wrote: > > On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 04:57:32PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote: > > > > This device seems to be used on x86 systems so we'll need to ensure that > > > they register clocks for this. They really should set this up using > > > quirks keyed off DMI information or similar so it's hidden from other > > > systems. > > > Hmm..the change defines this mclk as a optional property so I'm > > not sure how it would affect x86 systems. (Would love to refine > > Ah, clk_prepare_enable() silently ignores NULL as an argument? It is a > bit messy to do things that way but might be the most practical thing. > > > it to make it impactless.) Since it's literally hidden, any way > > that I can manually ensure it? Or just wait for an ack from x86 > > developers? > > Hopefully they'll speak up - we're in the merge window anyway so it'll > be just over a week before this can go into -next. Yeah I am not aware of any plan to have clks on x86. For audio we are not going to use much. ACPI and controller w/ firmware does the job. I have added Darren, he oversee platform things so might know if clocks would be there in future.. Thanks -- ~Vinod