Hi Peter, On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 02:51:58PM +0800, Peter Chen wrote: > On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 05:13:12PM +0800, Peter Chen wrote: > > We have an well-known problem that the device needs to do some power > > sequence before it can be recognized by related host, the typical > > example like hard-wired mmc devices and usb devices. > > > > This power sequence is hard to be described at device tree and handled by > > related host driver, so we have created a common power sequence > > library to cover this requirement. The core code has supplied > > some common helpers for host driver, and individual power sequence > > libraries handle kinds of power sequence for devices. > > > > pwrseq_generic is intended for general purpose of power sequence, which > > handles gpios and clocks currently, and can cover regulator and pinctrl > > in future. The host driver calls pwrseq_alloc_generic to create > > an generic pwrseq instance. > > > > Signed-off-by: Peter Chen > > Tested-by Joshua Clayton > > Reviewed-by: Matthias Kaehlcke > > Tested-by: Matthias Kaehlcke > > Hi Greg, Sebastian, Dmitry, and David > > I find the code under drivers/power have several subsystems. > Does this power sequence patch set can go git://git.infradead.org/battery-2.6.git? > Or can go the Greg's tree? I think this does not really fit into the power-supply tree. I would expect this to go through Rafael's linux-pm tree. Note: I moved all the power-supply code into drivers/power/supply/ in linux-next, among other things because of this patchset. To avoid merge conflicts in drivers/power/Makefile and drivers/power/Kconfig the tree pulling this patchset should also pull a (yet to be created) immutable branch containing https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/sre/linux-power-supply.git/commit/drivers/power?h=for-next&id=8c0984e5a75337df513047ec92a6c09d78e3e5cd -- Sebastian