On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 04:59:25PM +0300, Mika Westerberg wrote: > When enumerating I2C devices connected to an I2C adapter we scan the whole > namespace (as it is possible to have devices anywhere in that namespace, > not just below the I2C adapter device) and add each found device to the I2C > bus in question. > > Now after commit 525e6fabeae2 ("i2c / ACPI: add support for ACPI > reconfigure notifications") checking of the adapter handle to the one found > in the I2cSerialBus() resource was moved to happen after resources of the > I2C device has been parsed. This means that if the I2cSerialBus() resource > points to an adapter that does not exists in the system we still parse > those resources. This is problematic in particular because > acpi_dev_resource_interrupt() tries to configure GSI if the device also has > an Interrupt() resource. Failing to do that results errrors like this to be > printed on the console: > > [ 10.409490] ERROR: Unable to locate IOAPIC for GSI 37 > > To fix this we pass the I2C adapter to i2c_acpi_get_info() and make sure > the handle matches the one in the I2cSerialBus() resource before doing > anything else to the device. > > Reported-and-tested-by: Nicolai Stange > Signed-off-by: Mika Westerberg Applied to for-next, thanks!