On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 09:41:44PM +0200, Axel Haslam wrote: > i think today each time an event occurs a notification is sent with the > corresponding flag(s) set. Right, so I think the problem here is actually that you called this REGULATOR_EVENT_OVER_CURRENT_CHANGE with the _CHANGE on the end which means it's just saying that the user has to go poll to see if the device is or is not over current separately at which point you may as well pull in all the other error things into what you're polling for. If you'd dropped the _CHANGE it'd be consistent with the other events we have for errors and fine.