Hi! > Under v4.8-rc, behaviour is different: bios_limit goes to 1GHz there > when temperature is around 84C at the thermal zone. That keeps > ibm/thermal temperatures under 90C, and no "thermal emergency" > messages in syslog. Argh. So v4.9 thermal management does not work. v4.8 passive thermal management works _too well_, keeping fan at cca 3200 rpm, far below 3700 rpm it can reach. CPU is getting throttled, and fan is not even running at full speed. I can manually control the fan with thinkpad_acpi.fan_control=1... I guess I can write some scripts? Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html