Hi! > > > Rather some dev_warn()? Do we need stack trace here? > > > > I don't see what is wrong with WARN(). These are not expected to > > trigger, if they do we'll fix it. If you feel strongly about this, > > feel free to suggest a patch. > > One thing is consistency with other parts of code... On all other places > is used dev_warn and on above 4 places WARN. dev_warn automatically adds > device name for easy debugging... > > Another thing is that above WARNs do not write why it is warning. It > just write that some condition is not truth... As I said, I believe it is fine as is. > > > It was me who copied these sensors settings to kernel driver. And I > > > chose only Stingray as this is what was needed for my N900 for > > > testing... Btw, you could add somewhere my and Ivo's Signed-off and > > > copyright state as we both modified et8ek8.c code... > > > > Normally, people add copyrights when they modify the code. If you want > > to do it now, please send me a patch. (With those warn_ons too, if you > > care, but I think the code is fine as is). > > I think sending patch in unified diff format for such change is > overkill. Just place to header it. Then the change does not happen. Sorry, I do not know what you modified and when, and if it is copyrightable. Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html