Hi! > > I see this needs dts documentation, anything else than needs to be > > done? > > Yes. This driver takes care of the switch gpio, but the cameras also > use different bus settings. Currently omap3isp gets the bus-settings > from the link connected to the CCP2 port in DT at probe time (*). > > So there are two general problems: > > 1. Settings must be applied before the streaming starts instead of > at probe time, since the settings may change (based one the selected > camera). That should be fairly easy to implement by just moving the > code to the s_stream callback as far as I can see. Ok, I see, where "the code" is basically in vbs_link_setup, right? > 2. omap3isp should try to get the bus settings from using a callback > in the connected driver instead of loading it from DT. Then the > video-bus-switch can load the bus-settings from its downstream links > in DT and propagate the correct ones to omap3isp based on the > selected port. The DT loading part should actually remain in omap3isp > as fallback, in case it does not find a callback in the connected driver. > That way everything is backward compatible and the DT variant is > nice for 1-on-1 scenarios. So basically... (struct isp_bus_cfg *) isd->bus would change in isp_pipeline_enable()...? > Apart from that Sakari told me at ELCE, that the port numbers > should be reversed to match the order of other drivers. That's > obviously very easy to do :) Ok, I guess that can come later :-). > Regarding the binding document. I actually did write one: > https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/sre/linux-n900.git/commit/?h=n900-camera&id=81e74af53fe6d180616b05792f78badc615e871f Thanks, got it. > So all in all it shouldn't be that hard to implement the remaining > bits. :-). > (*) Actually it does not for CCP2, but there are some old patches > from Sakari adding it for CCP2. It is implemented for parallel port > and CSI in this way. I think I got the patches in my tree. Camera currently works for me. Thanks, Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html