Hi Linux, On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 01:50:17PM +0100, Linus Walleij wrote: > On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 11:21 PM, Bartosz Golaszewski > wrote: > > > Some power-measuring ADCs work together with power load switches which > > allow to power-cycle measured devices. > > > > An example use case would be measuring the power consumption of a > > development board during boot using a power monitor such as TI INA226 > > and power-cycling the board remotely using a TPS229* power switch. > > > > Add an iio driver for simple GPIO power switches and expose a sysfs > > attribute allowing to toggle their state. > > > > Signed-off-by: Bartosz Golaszewski > > I don't get this, isn't this doing the same as > drivers/power/reset/gpio-poweroff.c > ? > > With the only difference that the latter uses the standard syscall > from pm_power_off to reboot the system instead of some random > sysfs file. As far as I understand it, the TPS229 is used by Barzosz to poweroff a remote system. The gpio-poweroff driver is used to poweroff the local system. -- Sebastian