Hi! > > You are probably saying that on your platform you can not remove > > anything from /lib/firmware, right? I don't see how you come from "it is > > part of firmware package" to "removing is not possible". Trying to > > understand this and it makes no sense. > > It is already in linux distribution packages. If I remove that file from > file system it will be placed there again by package management or it it > will throw error message about system integrity (missing file, etc...). > > Also that file is already in linux-firmware git and so is propagated to > /lib/firmware by anybody who is using linux-firmware. > > > >> Like we discussed earlier, the default nvs file should not be used by > > >> normal users. > > > > > > But already is and we need to deal with this fact. > > > > Why? > > Because everybody has already installed it. > > > Are there other platforms that use the default nvs file and have a > > working wifi. > > I do not know. > > > So your "removing is not possible" would be about > > regression for those? > > Yes, that is possible. > > Also you can use wifi on Nokia N900 with this default file. Yes it is > not recommended and probably has performance problems... but more people > use it for SSH and it is working. Pavel could confirm this. Yes, wifi somehow works on N900. .. depending on userspace and kernel versions. Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html