Hi, On Sun, Feb 05, 2017 at 10:12:20PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote: > > > 9) Highly reconfigurable hardware - Julien Beraud > > > > > > - 44 sub-devices connected with an interconnect. > > > - As long as formats match, any sub-device could be connected to any > > > - other sub-device through a link. > > > - The result is 44 * 44 links at worst. > > > - A switch sub-device proposed as the solution to model the > > > - interconnect. The sub-devices are connected to the switch > > > - sub-devices through the hardware links that connect to the > > > - interconnect. > > > - The switch would be controlled through new IOCTLs S_ROUTING and > > > - G_ROUTING. > > > - Patches available: > > > http://git.linuxtv.org/cgit.cgi/pinchartl/media.git/log/?h=xilinx-wip > > > > > > but the patches are from 2005. So I guess I'll need some guidance here... > > > > Yeah, that's where it began (2015?), but right now I can only suggest to > > wait until there's more. My estimate is within next couple of weeks / > > months. But it won't be years. > > Ok, week or two would be ok, couple of months is not. And all I need > is single hook in common structure. > > So if g_endpoint_config hook looks sane to _you_, I suggest we simply > proceed. Now, maybe Mauro Carvalho Chehab > or Laurent or Julien will want a different solution, but > then... they'll have to suggest something doable now, not in couple of > months. > > Does that sound like a plan? > > Mauro added to cc list, so we can get some input. side note: It's an kernel-internal API only used by the media subsystem. Code can be easily updated to use an improved API at any time. -- Sebastian