Hi! > > Take a look at the wikipedia. If you do "one at a time" at 100Hz, you > > can claim it is time-domain multiplex. But we are plain switching the > > cameras. It takes second (or so) to setup the pipeline. > > > > This is not multiplex. > > The functionality is still the same, isn't it? Does it change what it is if > the frequency might be 100 Hz or 0,01 Hz? Well. In your living your you can have a switch, which is switch at much less than 0.01Hz. You can also have a dimmer, which is a PWM, which is switch at 100Hz or so. So yes, I'd say switch and mux are different things. > I was a bit annoyed for having to have two drivers for switching the source > (one for GPIO, another for syscon / register), where both of the drivers > would be essentially the same with the minor exception of having a slightly > different means to toggle the mux setting. Well, most of the video-bus-switch is the video4linux glue. Actual switching is very very small part. So.. where is the other driver? Looks like we have the same problem. > The MUX framework adds an API for controlling the MUX. Thus we'll need only > a single driver that uses the MUX framework API for V4L2. As an added bonus, > V4L2 would be in line with the rest of the MUX usage in the kernel. > > The set appears to already contain a GPIO MUX. What's needed would be to use > the MUX API instead of direct GPIOs usage. If there's a driver that already does switching for video4linux devices? Do you have a pointer? Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html