Hi! > > They are "pixels" or the touch controller, i.e. native unites in which > > device reports coordinates, as opposed to points per inch, or > > millimeters, or whatever. These "pixels" do not have to have 1:1 > > relation to the LCD pixels; in fact they rarely do. > > I wouldn't call this "pixels". Rather "ADC steps" or something. Submit a patch. > > Why? Nothing stops you from querying the device and figure out scaling. > > What stops me is that I have no (and do not want to have) that level of control over > user-space code. Umm. Then perhaps you should not be submitting kernel patches. > > And still, according to DT folks, device tree forms an ABI and thus we > > are not to change it, even if it is easy. > > I think this needs a more differentiated view. > > In my view the names of the binding properties and what they influence form indeed > an ABI. It should be stable and interpreted in the same way. > > But it allows to load different firmware for different requirements. Like the user > application ABI is stable but you can still load different software. No. You can't expect people to konfigure kernel by modifying dts. Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html