On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 05:21:32PM -0700, Kees Cook wrote: > On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 10:57 PM, Al Viro wrote: > > At the moment I have that conversion done for everything except ia64 and > > metag. Once everything is converted, I'll remove ARCH_HAS_RAW_COPY_USER > > and make generic stuff unconditional; at the same point > > HAVE_ARCH_HARDENED_USERCOPY will be gone (becoming unconditionally true). > > Yay! :) In the mean time should ARCH_HAS_RAW_COPY_USER select HAVE_ARCH_HARDENED_USERCOPY? FWIW I already have patches for metag to enable RAW_COPY_USER that just need some more testing (mainly due to prerequisite user copy fixes), but I don't know about ia64 Cheers James