From: Naoya Horiguchi <n-horiguchi@ah.jp.nec.com>
To: kernel test robot <xiaolong.ye@intel.com>
Cc: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>,
	Chen Gong <gong.chen@linux.intel.com>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>, "lkp@01.org" <lkp@01.org>
Subject: Re: [lkp-robot] [mm/madvise]  23a003bfd2: mce-test.ras.fail
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 06:40:45 +0000	[thread overview]

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 01:59:48PM +0800, kernel test robot wrote:

> FYI, we noticed the following commit:
>
> commit: 23a003bfd23ea9ea0b7756b920e51f64b284b468 ("mm/madvise: pass return code of memory_failure() to userspace")
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git master

Yes, this patch makes the result of memory error isolation visible to
userspace, so no wonder that some testcases start to spit failures.
I'm still digging each failure now, but I already found a few real kernel
bugs detected by this. Hopefully I'll post patches in a few days.

Thanks,
Naoya Horiguchi