Hi Lukas attached is recent set of experiments with your patch series applied on 4.11 kernel. Right after a reboot, poweroff causes an NMI. You can see the message on 1.dmesg. 1.lspci is after reboot, and 2.lspci is after a poweroff/poweron sequence. You can see there are other differences, like Corrected error enables, and several others.. Cheers, Ashok On Tue, May 02, 2017 at 03:54:05AM +0200, Lukas Wunner wrote: > Hi Ashok, > > sorry for the delay, I was swamped with work in the first quarter and am > in the process of slowly going through my backlog... > > > On Thu, Feb 09, 2017 at 10:46:13AM -0800, Raj, Ashok wrote: > > I did a lspci and captured after a fresh reboot on the slot before > > attempting a power off via sysfs. > > > > lspci-at-poweron - values after a cold reset poweron. > > lspci-aft-poweroff - values after a echo 0 > power > > lspci-aft-poweron - values after a echo 1 > power > > > > i would expect most or all of those values to stay same between poweron > > and after the next sysfs managed poweron. Would be worth taking a look and see > > if we have any escapes. > > > (a) Correctable error (Receiver Error) after powering off => harmless. > > (b) ASPM L1 enabled on boot, but disabled after powering off and back on > => I believe Sinan is working on this (+cc). > > (c) Autonomous Bandwidth Status is set after powering back on, but the > speed and width is the same as on boot => harmless. > > (d) PME Status is set after powering off and stays set after powering on. > Weird. Could you retry with the new pciehp runtime PM series I sent > out a few hours ago? > > Thanks! > > Lukas