On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 10:17:11AM +0200, Seraphime Kirkovski wrote: > On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 06:27:16PM +0900, Mark Brown wrote: > > Do we have any evidence that such users exist? > I can't guarantee for other such users, but this change did disturb our > workflow. We were using this feature to prototype and test > hardware/firmware at different speeds. > I was thinking this morning that maybe a sysfs interface will be better > for setting global settings. Do you prefer ? I just don't see this as something that should be being varied at runtime; it is supposed to be the maximum speed that the bus can be run at, that's not something that should vary at runtime. Possibly a sysfs thing but honestly if you're prototyping via spidev I'd just set the speed in your application each time it starts.