Hi Dave, On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 09:46:24PM -0700, David Miller wrote: > From: Antoine Tenart > Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 11:46:54 +0200 > > > The MAC address retrieval logic was broken and when using the PPv2 > > driver on PPv2.2 engines I ended up using the same mac address on all > > ports. This series of patches fixes this, and also tackle a possible bug > > when defining the mac address in the device tree. > > > > To fix this in a nice way I ended up using a dedicated function to > > handle the mac retrieval logic. This can be hard to backport into stable > > kernels. This is why I also made a quick fix which is easy to backport > > (patch 1/14), to tackle down the PPv2.2 mac retrieval bug. Let me know > > if this approach is the proper way to handle this or if I should do > > something else. > > This patch series doesn't apply to any of my trees, that is the first > thing. That is very strange, my patches were based on top of net-next. I'll double check if they apply correctly before sending the v2. > Secondly, this is a bug fix, and the bug exists in the 'net' tree. > Therefore this patch series should target the 'net' tree. OK, that's the question I was asking. I'll resent everything to net then. > Please always target legitimate bug fixes at the 'net' tree, rather > than 'net-next'. Sure, will do. Thanks! Antoine -- Antoine Ténart, Free Electrons Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering http://free-electrons.com