Hi! > Proposed solution: > > Instead of fixing such semantics and trying to get all filesystems to do it > right, we can easily do away with all freezing calls if the filesystem > implements a proper freeze_fs() callback. The following 9 filesystems have > freeze_fs() implemented as such we can let the kernel issue the callback upon > suspend and thaw on resume automatically on our behalf. > > o xfs > o reiserfs > o nilfs2 > o jfs > o f2fs > o ext4 > o ext2 > o btrfs > > Of these, the following have freezer helpers, which can then be removed > after the kernel automaticaly calls freeze_fs for us on suspend: > > o xfs > o nilfs2 > o jfs > o f2fs > o ext4 > > I've tested this on a system with ext4 and XFS, and have let 0-day go at > without issues. I have branches availabe for linux-next [3] and Linus' > latest tree [4]. Was hibernation tested? uswsusp? Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html