On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 10:06:25AM +0800, Dou Liyang wrote: > Hi Alexandru, > > Thanks for testing ! > At 12/28/2017 12:18 AM, Alexandru Chirvasitu wrote: > > As per instructions, I did the following: > > > > (1) > > > > Checked out > > > > 464e1d5 Linux 4.15-rc5 > > > > (after getting my copy up to date, fetching, pulling ,etc.) and > > compiled it as-is. Config attached (the one labeled 'np' for 'no > > patch'). > > > > Result: > > > > Boot with no extraparameters locks up after login, as before; > > > > apic=debug does not panic, but locks up after login, as before; > > > I also hope to see the log with "apic=debug" by "journalctl" command, > though the logs don't have the lockup trace. Ah, of course. Attached is the output of `journalctl --boot=-1` after booting, getting locked up, and then rebooting a good kernel. Slightly different version of 4.15-rc5; this one has both patches applied, yours and Linus' for kexec, but the latter shouldn't make a difference. --- You'll see another trace in there that's been bugging me, about W=X checking. I'm not qualified to judge how related they are, but during these past few days I've compiled and tested many kernels, and many of them have exhibited the W+X thing but *not* the lockups. I hope to trace that one back to the original commit with another bisect one of these days, but they do seem to be different issues. > > Thanks, > dou. > > > > >