On Wed, Jan 03, 2018 at 03:02:31PM +0100, Eric Auger wrote: > If I2C is built as a module, ACPI_I2C_OPREGION cannot be set > and any ACPI opregion calls targeting I2C fail with no opregion found. > > This patch allows ACPI_I2C_OPREGION to be enabled both if I2C is > built into the kernel or built as a module. > > Signed-off-by: Eric Auger I recall that we had some discussion until ending up with the current solution. And I finally found it again: http://www.serverphorums.com/read.php?12,1001402 In any case, I surely want Mika's ack on any change to ACPI related Kconfig symbols. Adding him to CC...