On Thu, Mar 01, 2018 at 05:58:35PM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote: > On 01-03-18 17:48, Mark Brown wrote: > > That sounds like what's missing is hookup of whatever the DSP uses to > > wake the system when it's getting to the bottom of the buffer? That's > > the normal way this stuff is implemented anyway. > I'm afraid there is a lot more missing, at least from a standard Linux > distro pov, just waking up is not enough, we need to also wakeup > userspace to get the mp3-player (or whatever) to refill the buffer, > but preferably without waking up the GPU, turning on the screen, etc. > AFAIK support for this is currently completely missing, standard Linux > userspace currently treats suspend-2-idle as a a full suspend and any > wakeup as a full wakeup. Sure, but do such userspaces exist - ChromeOS or something for example? > So AFAICT currently the ignore-suspend flag is currently not useful > and as the commit message mentions IIRC there were added to fix some > issues with suspend/resume in the past. Is it possible the issue was playback during suspend?