On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 01:39:44PM +0000, Chris Obbard wrote: > >> +- loopback: if this property is present then the dai is configured in > >> + loopback mode where the output fifo is redirected to the input > >> + fifo. > > This really doesn't seem like something that ought to go into the DT > > and hence ABI given that there's obviously no reason to use this in > > production. Just make it be a #define in the code or something. > It would be nice to have this as an optional devicetree property so > when testing JACK latency etc I don't have to manually re-compile a > kernel... You'll have to rebuild your DT anyway, I'm not sure the kernel is that much of a difference... For your use case you'd want a regular runtime ALSA control, not a DT property anyway. That would be fine.