On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 10:00:43AM +0200, Paul Kocialkowski wrote: > Hi, > > On Fri, 2018-03-23 at 10:55 +0100, Maxime Ripard wrote: > > On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 04:28:56PM +0100, Paul Kocialkowski wrote: > > > The YUV channel was only disabled in > > > sun4i_backend_update_layer_formats, > > > which is not called when the frontend is selected. > > > > > > Thus, creating a layer with a YUV format handled by the backend and > > > then > > > switching to a format that requires the frontend would keep the YUV > > > channel enabled for the layer. > > > > > > This explicitly disables the YUV channel for the layer when using > > > the > > > frontend as well. It also sets the relevant interlace bit, which was > > > missing in the frontend path as well. > > > > This should be part of a separate patch. Usually, if you write "it > > also does..." at the end of your commit log, it's a pretty good > > indication that it should be another patch :) > > I must say, I figured that this part was missing in the frontend path by > chance and couldn't really test the feature, so I'm also tempted to drop > it altogether. What do you think? If you haven't been able to test it, then yeah, don't submit it. > Also, is interlacing actually used on any of the video outputs we > support? Perhaps RGB? Composite would be a better guess :) Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Bootlin (formerly Free Electrons) Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering https://bootlin.com