On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 10:41:38AM +0200, Paul Kocialkowski wrote: > > > +int drm_sun4i_gem_create_tiled(struct drm_device *dev, void *data, > > > + struct drm_file *file_priv); > > > > Do you need it to be non-static, and part of the header as well? > > Here as well, I just find that it looks more readable that way, below > the drm driver structure definition instead of above it. But it also creates a global symbol for no particular reason, while we're doing the function-first-structure-later pattern pretty much everywhere else in the kernel. Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Bootlin (formerly Free Electrons) Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering https://bootlin.com