Hi Dmitry, On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 03:31:24PM -0700, Dmitry Torokhov wrote: > Hi, > > This series is a combination of Atmel touchscreen driver stopping using > platform data and moving over to generic device properties, and > chromeos-laptop switching from being platform driver, which is the wrong > abstraction for it, and moving to using i2c bis notifier. Switching from > platform driver to the notifiers allows us to get rid of the ugly code that > manually tries to handle deferrals in case i2c bus is not ready at the time > we start initializing the module. > > Thanks! This series is in next now. I will roll up a pull request for v4.17 soon. Thanks! Benson > > Changes v1->v2: > > - switched suspend mode handling to use DMI quirk. We'll clean it up properly > in the Atmel driver later, for now we just want to untangle Atmel and > chromeos-laptop > > - added Nick's Acks. > > Dmitry Torokhov (14): > Input: atmel_mxt_ts - do not pass suspend mode in platform data > Input: atmel_mxt_ts - switch from OF to generic device properties > Input: atmel_mxt_ts - switch ChromeOS ACPI devices to generic props > platform/chrome: chromeos_laptop - add SPDX identifier > platform/chrome: chromeos_laptop - stop setting suspend mode for Atmel devices > platform/chrome: chromeos_laptop - introduce pr_fmt() > platform/chrome: chromeos_laptop - factor out getting IRQ from DMI > platform/chrome: chromeos_laptop - rework i2c peripherals initialization > platform/chrome: chromeos_laptop - parse DMI IRQ data once > platform/chrome: chromeos_laptop - use I2C notifier to create devices > platform/chrome: chromeos_laptop - rely on I2C to set up interrupt trigger > platform/chrome: chromeos_laptop - use device properties for Pixel > platform/chrome: chromeos_laptop - discard data for unneeded boards > Input: atmel_mxt_ts - remove platform data support > > MAINTAINERS | 1 - > drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_mxt_ts.c | 231 +++--- > drivers/platform/chrome/chromeos_laptop.c | 896 +++++++++++---------- > include/linux/platform_data/atmel_mxt_ts.h | 31 - > 4 files changed, 579 insertions(+), 580 deletions(-) > delete mode 100644 include/linux/platform_data/atmel_mxt_ts.h > > -- > Dmitry -- Benson Leung Staff Software Engineer Chrome OS Kernel Google Inc. bleung@google.com Chromium OS Project bleung@chromium.org