On Wed 2018-04-18 15:00:41, Mark Brown wrote: > On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 03:29:36PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote: > > > Any comments/suggestions? > > > In case you lost the patches from the thread: > > https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-renesas-soc/msg24955.html > > Please don't send content free pings and please allow a reasonable time > for review. People get busy, go on holiday, attend conferences and so > on so unless there is some reason for urgency (like critical bug fixes) > please allow at least a couple of weeks for review. If there have been > review comments then people may be waiting for those to be If I follow the logs right, there was one month before ping. That seems pretty reasonable time. > Sending content free pings adds to the mail volume (if they are seen at > all) which is often the problem and since they can't be reviewed Yep, and sending content free complains about pings also adds to the main volume :-(. Anyway, last time I sent you a patch... you _had_ time to complain that I'm pinging too often, but you apparently did not have time to look at the patch. That patch would have been in time for v4.16-rc1 IIRC. Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html