Hi! > on the Turris Omnia[1] the LEDs are controllable via an i2c device. Each > LED can be either in "manual mode" or in a mode I'd call "native mode" > which is the default. In this native mode the LED being on or off > depends on an input line that is controlled by another hardware. So a > LED signals for example activity on the WAN ethernet port without any > software intervention, but can be used as a normal LED, too, when in > "manual mode" where it can be switched on and off by a register > write. "Native mode" is quite common. We have it for example on Nokia N900 here (charger has hw option to automatically control the LED). I believe reasonable solution would be to have "hardware" trigger, and have it selected by default. When active, LED would be controlled by hardware. > Another feature of the LED device is that there is a global brightness > register that influences all LED's brightness (if on) independent of the > operating mode. We can't describe that easily. > Further the color of each LED can be set to an RGB triplet. We normally handle RGB LED as three independend LEDs, like notify::red, notify::green, notify::blue. Again, example is Nokia N900 or Motorola Droid 4. Best regards, Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html