On Mon, May 07, 2018 at 02:29:45PM -0600, Mahadevan, Girish wrote: > On 5/3/2018 5:38 PM, Mark Brown wrote: > > This is a DT based driver but there is no binding documentation. > > Binding documentation is required for any new DT stuff. > The DT documentation for the SPI driver was done as part of this patch series > https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10318125/ I can't follow the link as I'm working offline but since I've no record of having seen a copy of any bindings for review and I'm fairly sure I'd have remembered any bindings without code I'm very disappointed - bindings should be being reviewed by the relevant maintainers just like code. Fortunately as far as I can tell whereever you sent that to it doesn't seem to have been applied but that makes it even more disappointing that they're not being sent. ... Please include human readable descriptions of things like commits and issues being discussed in e-mail in your mails, this makes them much easier for humans to read especially when they have no internet access. I do frequently catch up on my mail on flights or while otherwise travelling so this is even more pressing for me than just being about making things a bit easier to read.