From: Dirk Gouders <dirk@gouders.net>
To: Masahiro Yamada <yamada.masahiro@socionext.com>,
	Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@infradead.org>,
	Segher Boessenkool <segher@kernel.crashing.org>
Cc: Dirk Gouders <dirk@gouders.net>
Subject: [RFC v2 0/1] Emacs-like isearch for mconf.
Date: Thu,  7 Jun 2018 15:53:08 +0200	[thread overview]

*** BLURB HERE ***

Hello,

this is v2 of the isearch implementation, I also added Documentation changes which
probably have to be split, because the older symbol-search also was undokumented in
mconf (I basically copied the relevant documentation from Documentation/kbuild/kconfig.txt.

I could not completely let off CTRL-s but am certainly fine with get rid of it and
stay with just one special key (e.g. \) to start isearch.

Changes since v1:

* Additionally to CTRL-s, \ can be used to start isearch.

* Raw mode is off by default an can be enabled by an environment
  variable MENUCONFIG_RAW_MODE.

* I also added a variable for toggling raw mode but did not implement
  anything else.

* The isearch indicator is now displayed as soon as isearch is
  started.

* Any key except \, CTRL-s, alphanumeric characters and space
  terminates isearch and -- except ESC ESC -- is further processed,
  e.g. ENTER terminates isearch and is then used to navigate into a
  submenu.

* Problems with mismatches and matches above the current position were
  fixed.

Dirk

 Documentation/kbuild/kconfig.txt   |  18 +++-
 scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/dialog.h  |   6 ++
 scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/menubox.c | 173 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/util.c    |  14 +++
 scripts/kconfig/mconf.c            |  48 +++++++++-

2.16.4