On Mon, Jul 09, 2018 at 03:20:54PM +0000, Corentin Labbe wrote: > Hello > > With Moeicenowy's agreement, I have take leadership ot this patchset. > > There are no really changes appart renaming struct quirck to variant. > > Since the last serie is really old, I will answer comment here. > The two regulator (1.2 and 2.5V) are not for the PHY since: > - nothing in the schematic said that they are for the PHY, they seems > only for controller > - all other AHCI driver use 5V for the target/PHY (vs 1.2/2.5 which > cannot be used for target) That's a pretty bad thing to do, especially for old series. You just dropped all the context that you reply to, and there's no way for any reviewer to tell if your answers make any kind of sense, or addresses any question one might have had. > Furthermore, the AHCI binding support only one regulator per PHY, so > using the "target" regulator is out of question for registring this two > non-phy regulator. Nothing is "out of question", we have the source code and can change it if needed. Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Bootlin (formerly Free Electrons) Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering https://bootlin.com