On Sun 2018-07-15 00:02:57, Jacek Anaszewski wrote: > Hi Pavel, > > On 07/14/2018 11:20 PM, Pavel Machek wrote: > >Hi! > > > >>>It also drew my attention to the issue of desired pattern sysfs > >>>interface semantics on uninitialized pattern. In your implementation > >>>user seems to be unable to determine if the pattern is activated > >>>or not. We should define the semantics for this use case and > >>>describe it in the documentation. Possibly pattern could > >>>return alone new line character then. > > > >Let me take a step back: we have triggers.. like LED blinking. > > > >How is that going to interact with patterns? We probably want the > >patterns to be ignored in that case...? > > > >Which suggest to me that we should treat patterns as a trigger. I > >believe we do something similar with blinking already. > > > >Then it is easy to determine if pattern is active, and pattern > >vs. trigger issue is solved automatically. > > I'm all for it. I proposed this approach during the previous > discussions related to possible pattern interface implementations, > but you seemed not to be so enthusiastic in [0]. > > [0] https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/4/7/350 Hmm. Reading my own email now, I can't decipher it. I believe I meant "changing patterns from kernel in response to events is probably overkill"... or something like that. Sorry about confusion, Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html