On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 11:35:23AM +0200, Paul Kocialkowski wrote: > On Wed, 2018-07-18 at 11:29 +0200, Paul Kocialkowski wrote: > > Not all sunxi platforms with the first version of the Display Engine > > support an alpha component on the plane with the lowest z position > > (as in: lowest z-pos), that gets blended with the background color. > > > > In particular, the A13 is known to have this limitation. However, it was > > recently discovered that the A20 and A33 are capable of having alpha on > > their lowest plane. > > > > Thus, this introduces a specific quirk to indicate such support, > > per-platform. Since this was not tested on sun4i and sun6i platforms, a > > conservative approach is kept and this feature is not supported. > > Woops, I forgot to include PATCH 1/2 from v1, which did not change. > > Would it be preferable for me to send v2 again (and maybe call it v3) > for convenience? Yeah, resend it, and call it v2 resend (explaining why a resend was needed). Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Bootlin (formerly Free Electrons) Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering https://bootlin.com