Hi all, On Wed, 01 Aug 2018 16:00:54 -0700 James Bottomley wrote: > > So what seems to be happening to cause this is that there's a patch > somewhere between the merge base of my scsi-next series and the next > tree and the patch just before scsi-next was actually merged that > actually causes a boot failure with blk-mq enabled. Could you try to > find this patch? I think the way to do it is to try to bisect this > range of linux-next using the command line > > scsi_mod.use_blk_mq=1 > > Which forces block mq to be the default and seeing where the first boot > failure is (you don't need my scsi-next tree merged to do this because > all the offending patch does is flip the default state of the above > flag). So this means using v4.8-rc1 as the first good commit and 453f1d821165 ("Merge remote-tracking branch 'cgroup/for-next'") as the first bad (assuming that this latter fails to boot with "scsi_mod.use_blk_mq=1"). -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell