On Mon, Aug 06, 2018 at 03:39:53PM +0000, Popa, Stefan Serban wrote: > On Lu, 2018-08-06 at 15:39 +0100, Mark Brown wrote: > > I suggested having an explicit operation to check if a register supports > > this mode of operation when I reviewed an earlier version, I didn't > > notice a reply on that? > Sorry, I got confused about what needs to be done. Should I add a new field > to the regmap_config struct which will be checked during the function call? > Something like can_multi_write? How do you suggest it should be called? Is > readable_noinc_reg ok? Like I said last time I'd suggest making it more like the readable and volatile checks - I'm fairly sure I've seen devices that don't autoincrement only for some registers.