Hi! > >>> Yes, and LED strings are statically assigned to banks, right? > >>> > >>> So why not simply forget about LED strings for sake of hw > >>> abstractions, and work just with banks? > >> > >> How would you set the control bank register for the correct LED string configuration? > > > > Have property at each LED saying which which HVLEDs it controls? > > Isn't that what I have already using the reg property? > Then we would have to aggregate the configuration and make a determination in the driver. Yes. > But that does not follow the LED child node ideology. > Each output of the LED driver should have a child node. > > In this case the outputs are the sinks(inputs) and there are only 2 sinks so having 3 LED child nodes would be confusing > and there are required properties for each child like label. No, I don't want that. I'd like 2 child nodes, each specifying which HVLEDs it controls. Let me edit the original proposal. Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html