Hi Andrew, On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 03:29:30PM +0200, Quentin Schulz wrote: > Hi Andrew, > > On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 03:18:46PM +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote: > > > Most of the init sequence of a PHY of the package is common to all PHYs > > > in the package, thus we use the SMI broadcast feature which enables us > > > to propagate a write in one register of one PHY to all PHYs in the > > > package. > > > > Hi Quinten > > > > Could you say a bit more about the broadcast. Does the SMI broadcast > > go to all PHY everywhere on an MDIO bus, or only all PHYs within one > > package? I'm just thinking about the case you need two of these > > packages to cover 8 switch ports. > > > > Ah sorry, that wasn't very explicit. That's a feature on the PHY side so > my wildest guess is that it wouldn't impact any other PHY outside of > this package. Affecting any other PHY on the bus is counter-intuitive to > me but I'll ask the HW engineers for confirmation. > Confirmed by HW engineers, it only impacts PHYs in the same package. Quentin