Hi! > > Personally I'm not happy at all with how the new code of conduct was > > rushed in, least because I still don't understand why it happened, > > but also for all the other reasons we've discussed here in the past > > few weeks. These are exactly my thoughts. > > But I also understand that there's lots of people (me included) who > > don't want to ship a release with the code of conduct in it's current > > in-between state. I think adding a disclaimer at the top, along the > > lines of > > > > "Please note that this code of conduct and it's enforcement are still > > under discussion." > > I don't disagree with the position, but eliminating our old code of > conduct in favour of another we cast doubt on with this disclaimer > effectively leaves us with nothing at all, which seems to be a worse > situation. In that case, I think reverting the CoC commit > (8a104f8b5867c682) and then restarting the replacement process is > better than adding a disclaimer to the new one. Reverting it then having proper discussion sounds suitable to me. (And it would be nice to have something on the mailing lists, too, as I probably won't make it to kernel summit this year.) Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html