On Mon 2018-10-22 08:20:11, NeilBrown wrote: > On Sat, Oct 20 2018, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote: > > > Hi all, > > > > As everyone knows by now, we added a new Code of Conduct to the kernel > > tree a few weeks ago. > > I wanted to stay detached from all this, but as remaining (publicly) > silent might be seen (publicly) as acquiescing, I hereby declare that: > I reject, as illegitimate, this Code and the process by > which it is being "developed". > > It is clear from the surrounding discussions that this is well outside our > core competencies. It will be flawed, it isn't what we need. Agreed. > I call on you, Greg: > - to abandon this divisive attempt to impose a "Code of Conduct" > - to revert 8a104f8b5867c68 Agreed. Plus I actually wish more people would gpg-sign their emails. It is not that hard, and I actually thought original Linus' rc4 announcement was fake. It was not, and it does not look like there are spoofed mails here, either, but hey, there are few I'd like to verify. Best regards, Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html