On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 06:11:26PM +0200, Peter Ujfalusi wrote: > if we revert the commit then the original issue will re-surfaces. afaik > it was not only audio which hit the 'last driver to be probed from the > deferred list would never probe, unless we provoke the kernel to load > additional module, or remove/reload the module' issue. Right, aren't we just going to be swapping one bug for another? > Do I understand correctly that in your case you have two modules > (dwc3-pci and extcon-intel-mrfld) in a deferred probe loop, iow both of > the drivers returns -EPROBE_DEFER and they just spin? > If both is deferring, how this supposed to work? I'm struggling to follow the original explanation too :(