On Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 05:10:59AM +0300, Dmitry V. Levin wrote: > Given that without this patch the value returned by PTRACE_GETEVENTMSG > during syscall stop is undefined, we need two different ptrace_message > values that cannot be set by other ptrace events to enable reliable > identification of syscall-enter-stop and syscall-exit-stop in userspace: > if we make PTRACE_GETEVENTMSG return 0 or any other value routinely set by > other ptrace events, it would be hard for userspace to find out whether > the kernel implements new semantics or not. Ah, I see, I agree that definitely makes sense. -- Cheers, Joey Pabalinas