Hi! > > Pavel gave following examples: > > > > eth0:green:link > > adsl0:green:link > > adsl0:red:error > > > > So we would have e.g.: > > > > associated-vl42-device = <&camera1>; > > associated-network-device = <&phy1>; > > associated-block-device = <&phy1>; > > Variable property names are kind of a pain to parse. Ok, would it be enough to have associated-device = <&whatever>? > Perhaps when LEDs are associated with a device, we shouldn't care > within the context of the LED subsystem what the name is. The > association is more important and if you have that exposed, then you > don't really need to care what the name is. You still have to deal > with a device with more than 1 LED, but that becomes a problem local > to that device. > > What I'm getting at is following a more standard binding pattern of > providers and consumers like we have for gpios, clocks, etc. So we'd > have something like this: > > ethernet { > ... > leds = <&green_led>, <&red_led>; > led-names = "link", "err"; > }; Basically every single device could have a LED associated with it ("activity"). Would doing it like this mean we'd have to modify every single driver to parse leds / led-names properties? Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html