From: Sergey Senozhatsky <sergey.senozhatsky.work@gmail.com>
To: Feng Tang <feng.tang@intel.com>,
	Peter Zijlstra <peterz@infradead.org>,
	Petr Mladek <pmladek@suse.com>,
	Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org>,
	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>,
	Frederic Weisbecker <fweisbec@gmail.com>
Cc: Sergey Senozhatsky <sergey.senozhatsky.work@gmail.com>,
	akpm@linux-foundation.org, bp@suse.de, keescook@chromium.org,
	mm-commits@vger.kernel.org, sergey.senozhatsky@gmail.com,
	stable@vger.kernel.org, Sasha Levin <sashal@kernel.org>,
	Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>,
	linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: + panic-avoid-the-extra-noise-dmesg.patch added to -mm tree
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:08:29 +0900	[thread overview]

Adding Frederic,

https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/10/11/304

On (12/11/18 16:32), Feng Tang wrote:
> Here is the v1 patch: https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/10/11/304
>
> And actually no one ruled out the v1 patch :), I don't have HW of other
> archs like arm/ppc, so I just read some of the arch code, and found
> most of them use the similar flow like x86, that's why I chosed to
> finding a soluton inside panic.c itself.

Interesting. So if the problem is that we need to clear cpu bit in
several cpumaks (e.g. nohz.idle_cpus_mask) when we stop_this_cpu(),
then I'd say let's clear cpumasks which are needed to be clear (doing
some of the things which sched_cpu_dying() does, except that we need
it on !CONFIG_HOTPLUG_CPU systems too). The idea of notifiers also looks
interesting.

x86 and sched gurus, can you please help?

	-ss