On Mon, Jan 07, 2019 at 11:49:16AM +0100, Daniel Vetter wrote: > On Fri, Jan 04, 2019 at 09:56:10AM +0100, Paul Kocialkowski wrote: > > When drivers pass non-empty lists of modifiers for initializing their > > planes, we can infer that they allow framebuffer modifiers and set the > > driver's allow_fb_modifiers mode config element. > > > > In case the allow_fb_modifiers element was not set (some drivers tend > > to set them after registering planes), the modifiers will still be > > registered but won't be available to userspace unless the flag is set > > later. However in that case, the IN_FORMATS blob won't be created. > > > > In order to avoid this case and generally reduce the trouble associated > > with the flag, always set allow_fb_modifiers when a non-empty list of > > format modifiers is passed at plane init. > > > > Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski > > The automatic primary plane drm_crtc_init() creates doesn't set this, so > looks correct in all cases. > > Reviewed-by: Daniel Vetter > > (boolin.com has a bunch of drm-misc committers, so I'll leave pushing to > them). Applied, Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Bootlin Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering https://bootlin.com